The SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways programme was introduced to support mid-career individuals to widen their professional networks and gain new, in-demand skills while preparing for more permanent jobs in the future.
Mid-career individuals can embark on industry-relevant attachment programmes lasting up to 9 months with approved host organisations to gain industry-relevant experience, develop new skills and boost their employability.
Mid-career individuals who take on attachments under this programme can receive a monthly training allowance of up to $3,000 per month. The monthly training allowance provided may vary depending on the scope of the attachment.
Estimated Monthly Training Allowance
$1,400 - $3,000
Government Funding of 80%
$1,120 - $2,400
The Government will fund 80% of the training allowance, while the host organisation funds the remaining 20% for the programme duration.
This programme is open to all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents, with the exception of recent graduates who should apply for the SGUnited Traineeships Programme instead1.
1The SGUnited Traineeships Programme is open to fresh graduates who a. Graduated in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or b. Graduated from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020
Mid-career individuals who are keen to apply can visit mycareersfuture.sg and search for attachment opportunities under the hashtag #SGUP or select ”For workplace attachment" under government support. Click here to explore SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways – Enterprise Attachment opportunities.
From 1 August 2020, host organisations that have successfully enrolled in the SGUnited Traineeships Programme (SGUT) will be eligible to accept candidates from the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme (SGUP) as well. However, host organisations that do not wish to participate in SGUP have until 12 August 2020 to opt out of the programme.
To be certain that the host organisation you are applying to is on board SGUP, individuals applying under the programme are encouraged to do so on or after 13 August. If you apply for SGUP positions before 13 August 2020, you should check back to verify the status of your application after 13 August. If the host organisation you applied to has opted out of the programme, please apply for other available SGUP positions.
Applications for SGUP are available on MyCareersFuture.sg. To view only SGUP opportunities, search for the hashtag #SGUP, or select the “For Workplace Attachment” option found under the Government Support Filter function in MyCareersFuture.sg.