Professional Conversion Programmes (PCPs) are career conversion programmes for mid-career PMETs (Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians), to undergo skills conversion and move into new occupations or sectors that have good prospects and opportunities for progression. WSG offers about 100 PCPs to support PMETs in career conversion. Through PCPs’ industry-recognised training, companies will gain a wider pool of candidates to consider when hiring.
There are 3 modes of PCPs:
1. Place-and-Train: PMET is hired by a participating employer before undergoing training to take on a new job role.
2. Attach-and -Train: PMET is provided with training and work attachments, prior to job placement, through industry partners in growth sectors with good future job opportunities
3. Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling: Targeted at companies that are undergoing business transformation, and where their existing PMET workers are at risk of redundancy or in vulnerable jobs due to the transformation. These PMETs will be provided with training to take on new job roles or redesigned job roles within the same company.
As announced by DPM Heng on 17 Aug 2020, the Jobs Growth Incentive (“JGI”) was introduced to support companies to hire more Singaporeans and provide more good jobs amidst the current labour market. Further enhancements to JGI support was announced by DPM Heng during Budget 2021 on 16 Feb 2021, as follows:
a. Under the JGI, the Government will co-pay up to 25% of salaries of all new local hires between Sep 2020 (where the JGI will take effect) to Sep 2021 for one year, subject to a cap.
b. For those aged 40 and above, the co-payment to employers will be up to 50% for 18 months.
More information on the JGI is available on IRAS’ website.
As the JGI will also apply to jobseekers undergoing reskilling through PCPs, WSG has made temporary funding adjustments during the duration of the JGI to ensure our jobseekers continue to receive the necessary support they need to be placed into new opportunities in growth sectors. For more information, download the Factsheet, FAQs and Brochure.
Interested PMETs and Companies will need to meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum 21 years old
- Graduated or completed National Service, for at least 2 years
- New job role trained for under the PCP should be substantially different from previous job role(s), hence requiring reskilling for career conversion
- Able to commit to full-time employment or attachment in a participating company
Beyond the general eligibility criteria for PMETs, there may be other course-specific entry criteria and employer-specific shortlisting process may apply for different PCPs. In general, individuals applying for PCPs should also not be shareholders, immediate ex-employees of company or related entities, or be related to shareholders of the hiring company. Please refer to the FAQs for more details on these exclusions.
- To access the PCP Portal and explore the various programmes, click here
- To access the Application Management system click here
- For FAQs on accessing the Application Management System click here
- For a guide on accessing the Application Management System click here
- For a guide for programme partners holding the Access Manager Role click here
Individuals who are interested in PCPs that are offered by NTUC’s e2i, click here.