The Redeployment Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for Retail Sector is offered by the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS) to support in-company redeployment to help companies undergoing business transformation to reskill and redeploy employees affected by business transformation. The Redeployment PCP is also part of SGUnited Jobs and Skills Package which aims to catalyse the growth of new jobs and opportunities for the local workforce by placing workers into redesigned and meaningful jobs.
The 3-month PCP, comprising customised structured on-the-job training coupled with training modules, will equip participants with the necessary competencies and skills to take up roles in areas such as Retail Operations, Brand Management and E-commerce Operations.
All applications for redeployment mode will require approval from WSG.
Keen to learn more? Read on or download the factsheet for more information.
All participating companies must fulfil the following criteria:
• Registered or incorporated in Singapore
• Committed to work with WSG and SIRS on the necessary administrative matters related to the programme
• Clearly articulate their business transformation plans and employee’s risk of redundancy in the application
• Committed to training arrangements and ensure that redeployed trainees are taking on value-added responsibilities in their new roles
• Offer redeployed trainees a minimum fixed salary of $1,800
Existing workers onboard the programme must fulfil the following criteria:
• Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident aged 21 years and above
• Graduated or completed National Service1 for at least 2 years
• Employee must be in an at-risk job role
• Employee must not be a shareholder of the PCP company, or its related companies
• Employee must not be related to the owner(s) of the PCP company
• Employee must not be on other existing WSG PCP/PnTs
• Employee must be employed by the company for more than 12 months at the point of the application and not newly hired after 1 Sep 2020.
1This will be counted from the date of graduation from latest qualification, or date of completion of national service, whichever is later.
Course fee and salary support for the duration of training (3 months) will be provided to employers at the following rates:
Up to 70% of monthly salary capped at $2,000 per month
For Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above or have been unemployed for six months or more
Up to 90% of monthly salary capped at $3,000 per month
No Absentee Payroll (AP) claim is allowed for trainees.
Interested applicants can contact the appointed Programme Manager – Singapore Institute of Retail Studies (SIRS) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.