- Up to 90% salary support to reskill mid-career individuals into in-demand growth jobs
- Industry-recognised training to reskill mid-career individuals for in-demand growth jobs
- Close to 100 CCPs to support reskilling across around 30 sectors
Benefits of CCPs
Companies in Singapore can tap on CCPs to reskill mid-career new hires or workers with up to 90% salary and course fee support. WSG offers close to 100 CCPs across around 30 sectors to support companies in reskilling mid-career individuals to make a successful career switch.
There are 3 modes of CCPs:
1. Place-and-Train: The mid-career individual is hired by a participating employer before undergoing a training to take on a new job role.
2. Attach-and-Train: The mid-career individual is provided with training and work attachments, prior to job placement. This is done in partnership with industry partners in growth sectors with good future career opportunities.
3. Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling: This is targeted at companies that are undergoing business transformation, and where their existing workers are at risk of redundancy or in vulnerable jobs due to the transformation. These workers will be provided with training to prepare them for new job roles or redesigned job roles within the same company.
For more information on CCPs, download the Factsheet and FAQs.
Place-and-Train / Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling:
The participating company must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore.
- Must be able to offer a full-time employment contract on permanent terms or on contract terms that are no less than one (1) year, directly related to the job which the CCP is for, with remuneration that is commensurate with the market rate.
- Commit to the CCP training arrangements for the mid-career individuals that they have selected for the conversion programme.
- Be committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner/s on the necessary administrative matters related to the programmes.
- For applications for redeployment/JR Reskilling CCPs, companies are required to submit details of their business transformation plan for evaluation by the appointed programme partners.
Attach-and-Train: Hosting organisations will need to meet the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore.
- Offer full-time attachment positions directly relevant to identified Attach-and-Train CCP job occupations.
- Commit to Attach-and-Train CCP training arrangements.
- Be committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner/s on programme administrative requirements.
Eligible Mid-career Individuals:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Minimum 21 years old.
- Graduated or completed National Service, for at least two (2) years.
- New job role trained for under the CCP should be substantially different from previous job role(s)*, hence requiring reskilling for career conversion.
- Able to commit to full-time employment or attachment in a participating company.
* CCPs are geared towards helping mid-career individuals acquire skills to make a switch in their careers. Hence, there is a requirement for career conversion when mid-career individuals undergo a CCP. However, individuals who have a continuous employment gap of at least two (2) years prior to CCP commencement will be allowed to apply for CCP job roles similar to their previous jobs.
Beyond the general eligibility criteria, other course-specific entry criteria and employer-specific shortlisting processes may apply for different CCPs. In general, individuals applying for CCPs should not be shareholders, immediate ex-employees of company or related entities, or be related to shareholders of the hiring company. Please refer to the FAQs for more details on these exclusions.
Job Growth Incentive and CCPs
The Jobs Growth Incentive (“JGI”) was introduced in Aug 2020 to support companies to hire more Singaporeans.
More information on the JGI can be found at go.gov.sg/JGI.
As the JGI also applied to newly hired CCP trainees undergoing reskilling, WSG applied funding adjustments for all new CCP trainees hired from 1 Sep 2020 to 31 Mar 2023 to encourage employers that are participating in CCPs to retain their new local hires as far as possible.
CCP salary support was disbursed to participating employers over a longer period, comprising the CCP training duration and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
The adjustments to CCP salary support disbursements do not affect the following groups of CCP participants.
- Local workers who were hired on Place-and-Train CCPs before Sep 2020 or after Mar 2023, which is outside of the qualifying period for JGI.
- Participants under Redeployment and JR Reskilling CCPs who are existing employees.
- Attach-and-Train (“AnT”) CCP participants who do not have an employer-employee relationship with the host organisations.
As JGI has ended on 31 March 2023, the funding adjustments will no longer apply to new CCP trainees hired from 1 April 2023 onwards.