Career Conversion Programmes (CCPs) are for mid-career individuals to undergo skills conversion and move into new occupations or sectors that have good prospects and opportunities for progression. WSG offers about 100 CCPs to support mid-career individuals in career conversion. Through CCPs’ industry-recognised training, companies will gain a wider pool of candidates to consider when hiring.
There are 3 modes of CCPs:
1. Place-and-Train: Mid-career individual is hired by a participating employer before undergoing training to take on a new job role.
2. Attach-and-Train: Mid-career individual is provided with training and work attachments, prior to job placement, through industry partners in growth sectors with good future job opportunities
3. Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling: Targeted at companies that are undergoing business transformation, and where their existing workers are at risk of redundancy or in vulnerable jobs due to the transformation. These workers will be provided with training to take on new job roles or redesigned job roles within the same company.
As announced by DPM Heng on 17 Aug 2020, the Jobs Growth Incentive (“JGI”) was introduced to support companies to hire more Singaporeans and provide more good jobs amidst the current labour market. The latest enhancements to JGI support announced by Minister/Manpower on 24 Sep 2021, are as follows:
- Under the JGI, the Government will co-pay up to 15% of salaries of all new local hires between Sep 2020 (where the JGI will take effect) to Mar 2022 for 6 months, subject to a cap.
- For those aged 40 and above, persons with disabilities, and ex-offenders, the co-payment to employers will be up to 50% for 12 months.
More information on the JGI is available on IRAS’ website.
As the JGI will also apply to jobseekers undergoing reskilling through CCPs, WSG has made temporary funding adjustments during the duration of the JGI to ensure our jobseekers continue to receive the necessary support they need to be placed into new opportunities in growth sectors. For more information, download the Factsheet
Interested mid-career individuals and companies will need to meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum 21 years old
- Graduated or completed National Service, for at least 2 years
- New job role trained for under the CCP should be substantially different from previous job role(s), hence requiring reskilling for career conversion
- Able to commit to full-time employment or attachment in a participating company
Beyond the general eligibility criteria, there may be other course-specific entry criteria and employer-specific shortlisting process may apply for different CCPs. In general, individuals applying for CCPs should also not be shareholders, immediate ex-employees of company or related entities, or be related to shareholders of the hiring company. Please refer to the FAQs for more details on these exclusions.
- To access the CCP Portal and explore the various programmes, click here
- To access the Application Management system click here
- For FAQs on accessing the Application Management System click here
- For a guide on accessing the Application Management System click here
- For a guide for programme partners holding the Access Manager Role click here
Individuals who are interested in CCPs that are offered by NTUC’s e2i, click here.