Career Conversion Programmes (CCPs) are for mid-career individuals to undergo skills conversion and move into new occupations or sectors that have good prospects and opportunities for progression. WSG offers about 100 CCPs to support mid-career individuals in career conversion. Through CCPs’ industry-recognised training, companies will gain a wider pool of candidates to consider when hiring.
There are 3 modes of CCPs:
Mid-career individual is hired by a participating employer before undergoing training to take on a new job role.
Mid-career individual is provided with training and work attachments, prior to job placement, through industry partners in growth sectors with good future job opportunities
3. Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling:
Targeted at companies that are undergoing business transformation, and where their existing workers are at risk of redundancy or in vulnerable jobs due to the transformation. These workers will be provided with training to take on new job roles or redesigned job roles within the same company.
Companies can tap on Government funding through course fee grants and salary support when training eligible mid-career individuals under CCPs.
The Jobs Growth Incentive (“JGI”) was introduced in Aug 2020 to support companies to hire more Singaporeans and provide more good jobs amidst the current labour market.
With the latest revisions to JGI support announced on 4 Mar 2022:
- The JGI qualifying window will be extended by another six months from April 2022 to September 2022.
- The support levels will be tapered down in line with improving conditions and limited to the following groups of new hires – (a) mature local hires aged 40 and above who have been unemployed for at least six months, (b) persons with disabilities (PwDs) and (c) ex-offenders.
- In the JGI qualifying window from April to September 2022, employers of these groups of new hires may receive up to 40% salary support for the first six months, and up to 20% for the next six months.
More information on the JGI can be found at go.gov.sg/JGI.
As the JGI also applied to new hire jobseekers undergoing reskilling through CCPs, WSG had previously made temporary funding adjustments during the earlier JGI qualifying windows between Sept 2020 to Mar 2022, to encourage companies to retain new hires under the CCPs.
Though the JGI extension from April to Sep 2022 only covers certain groups of new hires, WSG will apply the funding adjustments to all new CCP trainees hired from Apr to Sep 2022, in the same spirit of encouraging hiring and retention of local workers.
For individuals newly hired and put on Place-and-Train CCPs for the period between 1 Apr 2022 to 30 Sep 2022, the Salary Support funding will be disbursed to participating employers over a longer period, comprising the CCP training duration and an additional period of retention equivalent to the training duration.
These adjustments to Salary Support disbursements will not affect the following groups of CCP participants.
a. Local workers who were hired on Place-and-Train CCPs before Sep 2020 or after Sep 2022, which is outside the qualifying period for JGI
b. Participants under Redeployment and JR Reskilling CCPs who are existing employees
c. Attach-and-Train (“AnT”) CCP participants who do not have an employer-employee relationship with the host organisations
For more information on CCPs, download the Factsheet
Interested mid-career individuals and companies will need to meet the following criteria:
* CCPs are geared towards helping mid-career individuals acquire skills to change careers. Hence, there is a requirement for career conversion when mid-career individuals undergo a CCP. However, individuals who have a continuous employment gap of at least 2 years prior to CCP commencement will be allowed to apply for CCP job roles similar to their previous jobs.
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum 21 years old
- Graduated or completed National Service for at least 2 years
- New job role trained for under the CCP should be substantially different from previous job role(s)*, hence requiring reskilling for career conversion
- Able to commit to full-time employment or attachment in a participating company
Beyond the general eligibility criteria, there may be other course-specific entry criteria and employer-specific shortlisting process may apply for different CCPs. In general, individuals applying for CCPs should also not be shareholders, immediate ex-employees of company or related entities, or be related to shareholders of the hiring company. Please refer to the FAQs
for more details on these exclusions.
Place-and-Train / Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling:
The participating company must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Must be able to offer a full-time employment contract on permanent terms or on contract terms that are no less than one (1) year., directly related to the job which the CCP is for, with remuneration that is commensurate with the market rate
- Commit to the CCP training arrangements for the mid-career individuals that they have selected
- Be committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner on the necessary administrative matters related to the programmes.
- For applications for redeployment/JR Reskilling CCPs, companies are required to submit details of their business transformation plan for evaluation by the appointed programme partners.
Hosting employers will need to meet the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Offer full-time attachment positions directly related to identified Attach-and-Train CCP job occupations
- Commit to Attach-and-Train CCP training arrangements
- Be committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner on programme administrative requirements
• To access the CCP Portal and explore the various programmes, click here
• To access the Application Management system click here
• For FAQs on accessing the Application Management System click
• For a guide on accessing the Application Management System click here
• For a guide for programme partners holding the Access Manager Role click here
who are interested to take part in NTUC’s e2i CCPs, click here