- Create agile workforce
- Improve productivity, reduce operating cost and enhance guest experience
- Reduce manpower requirements
- Improve employee experience
What is it?
The Hotel Job Redesign Initiative (HJRI) is a tripartite collaboration between Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Tourism Board (STB); NTUC Hospitality and Consumer Business Cluster (NTUC HCBC), the Food, Drinks and Allied Workers Union (FDAWU) and the Attractions, Resorts and Entertainment Union (AREU); as well as the Singapore Hotel Association (SHA).
It represents a key milestone in the overall transformation journey of the hotel industry. It encourages and enables hoteliers to review, optimise and value-add to existing roles to create higher quality jobs and a heightened sense of job satisfaction amongst employees.
Who can apply?
The initiative is for hoteliers who are keen to become manpower lean and create quality jobs and meaningful careers for their workforce through job redesign.
How does it work?
Under Hotel Job Redesign Initiative, the following resources are available to help hotels embark on and sustain job redesign efforts.
The JR Toolkit is an online, self-help tool to guide hoteliers in designing and implementing job redesign. It consists the following:
- Solution Finder allows hoteliers to find recommended job redesign solutions based on functions and guest experience journey;
- Wage Model guides wage review for redesigned jobs;
- Change Management Framework provides tips on driving change management from leadership to workers;
- JR Implementation Guide provides step-by-step guide and templates on implementing JR; and
- Case Studies provide learning points from hoteliers on their JR journey
Hoteliers who are keen to engage third-party consultancy services for job redesign can tap on funding support under the following programmes:
- Support for Job Redesign under Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG-JR) where pre-approved Job Redesign (JR) consultants can help hotels to redesign work processes, tasks and responsibilities to support business transformation and make jobs more attractive to locals
Hoteliers ready to embark on job redesign can tap on WSG’s Career Conversion Programme for Tourism Professionals to train existing workers for redesigned job roles. Hotels will be supported at up to 90% of salary support for the 3-month training duration.