There are two pathways to attain the WSG Career Advisory Programme (CAP).
a) Training and Assessment Pathway: Candidates will undergo self-paced e-learning followed by a 1-day classroom-based training. Candidate will attain the qualification if they are assessed competent.
The training programme is designed to be self-paced supported by face-to-face contact hours where you can interact with both the facilitator and other participants and be involved in skill practices and discussions.
b) Assessment-Only Pathway (AOP): The AOP recognises an individual’s knowledge and skills acquired through prior learning and work experience. It provides an option for individuals to attain the WSG certification directly through assessment without undergoing training. Candidate will attain the qualification if they are assessed as competent.
The 5 competencies of the Career Advisory Programme are:
1) Perform education and career advisory services
2) Apply helping process in career development
3) Apply problem solving and decision making skills in education and career advisory process
4) Adapt career resources and to respond to the needs of diverse groups
5) Market and promote career development services and initiatives
What is it?
The WSG Career Advisory Programme (CAP) is an introductory programme for professionals who provide career basic education and career advisory as a secondary role in their work. The programme is suitable for HR practitioners, educators, social service officers, industry mentors, SkillsFuture Advice officers, career consultants in educational institutes or employment agencies, grassroots volunteers and others who want to offer some basic education and career advisory in addition to their primary role.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants must meet the following entry criteria:
a) Must currently be providing basic career and training advisory as a secondary role in their work OR
b) Will be offering basic career and training advisory in their organisation either on one-on-one or group basis
c) Effective verbal and written communication skills in the use of the English language.
1-day Training + 1-hour Assessment*
Training hours: 9am to 5pm
*Conducted one week after the training, online.
11 e-learning modules
*conducted one week after the training
In view of the COVID-19 situation, the Career Advisory Programme (CAP) will be conducted virtually.
Award & Credential
Candidate who successfully completes all the requirements and assessment will be awarded a WSG Certificate of Completion.
The Career Advisory Programme is part of the WSG Career Development Framework (WSG CDF) for Career Practitioners. This is a practice-based credentialing framework. Participants who have met the requirements may apply for the WSG Certified Career Advisor (CCA) credential.
To find out more about the WSG CDF credential, please visit this webpage: bit.ly/CDF_Credential
IHRP Accredited Course
WSG Career Advisory Programme (CAP) has been accredited by the Institute for Human Resource Professionals (IHRP).
IHRP Certified Professionals will be able to log 24 CPD hours after completing the course.
More information of the IHRP Certification may be found here: https://ihrp.sg
AOP recognises an individual’s knowledge and skills acquired through prior learning and work experience. It provides an option for individuals to attain the certification directly through assessments without undergoing training. Candidates will attain the qualification if they are assessed as competent.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
a) Be employed in a job that provides education/training and career/job search advisory for at least 1 years OR
b) Be recommended for AOP by his immediate supervisor/employer
c) The candidate must complete the Assessment Readiness Self-Evaluation Checklist for the respective modules, and possess at least 60% of the competencies listed under the assessment criteria for each module.
An application must be accompanied by the following supporting document:
(a) For employer/company-sponsored applicant
- A letter from an authorized person using the employer's/company’s official letterhead confirming sponsorship of the applicant to attend the course.
- The letter of sponsorship should indicate the designation and roles/duties of the applicant in providing career advisory/coaching in the company.
(b) For self-sponsored applicant
- A letter from an authorized person using the host company's/organisation’s official letterhead confirming that the applicant is currently providing career advisory/coaching services either on a pro-bono or paid basis to the company’s/organisation’s employees or clients.
What are the Components?
It includes the following online assessment process:
a) Written assessment comprising short and long answer questions
b) Practice-based Assessment (role-play) on Career advisory
c) Interview with our assessor
Applicants (Training Pathway only) who meet the criteria can apply for the CAP following these steps:
1 & 6 Dec 2021
8 Dec 2021
16 & 21 Feb 2022
24 Feb 2022
12 Jan 2022
23 & 28 Feb 2022
3 Mar 2022
19 Jan 2022
2 & 7 Mar 2022
10 Mar 2022
27 Jan 2022
8 & 9 Mar 2022
14 Mar 2022
2 Feb 2022
Please click here to view the detailed programme schedule.
For Singaporeans & PRs: $410.40*
For Singaporeans age 40 & above: $266.40*
For Foreigners: $1,540.80
* Usual fee: $770.40 before SSG Funding
All prices are inclusive of GST
Course fee is eligible for SkillsFuture Credits
Please read the Terms and Conditions prior to applying.
For the types of other funding available, please visit the following websites:
a) Self-Sponsored Individuals: www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/individuals.html
b) Company Sponsored: www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/employers.html
For Singaporeans & PRs: $556.40
For Foreigners: $1,112.80
(All prices include GST)
Interested companies or individuals may contact WSG at http://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback or call us at 6883-5885.
Terms and Conditions for Course Enrolment
1. Course Enrolment
(1) Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfil all requirements for course registration to be accepted into the course. Workforce Singapore (WSG)'s decision on the outcome of a course registration is final.
(2) All information provided in the registration form must be true and correct, and applicants must not deliberately omit and/or misrepresent any material information or fact. Any false information or misleading declaration shall render them liable for disqualification from the course without refund of course fee paid.
(3) Those who are accepted for the course will receive a notification email, informing them of the course fee payable and instructions on course fee payment. Course fee payment must be made before course commencement.
(4) Self-sponsored applicants will only be enrolled into the course upon full payment of course fee. For company-sponsored applicants, e-invoices will be sent to their companies for course fee payment.
2. Course Fee Funding
(1) Enrolled participants who meet the following criteria will be eligible for course fee funding:
(b) Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR);
(c) Meet at least 75% attendance for all modes of training for the course; and
(d) Assessed as “competent” for each module or end-of-course assessment.
(2) Those who are granted funding upon enrolment but are unable to meet the above requirements will have their course fee funding withdrawn. They will be required to pay the shortfall in course fee (i.e. the funded amount) to the Workforce Singapore Agency.
3. Course/Assessment Deferment
(1) Participants who failed to meet the attendance and assignment requirements for the course will not be allowed to sit for assessment.
(2) They are required to put up a request for course and/or assessment deferment in writing using the prescribed Deferment Form obtainable from the course administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must be received by the course administrator at least five (5) working days from the course/module start date or the assessment start date.
(3) The following non-refundable fee is payable for each deferment request. Such a request will be processed upon payment of the full fee.
Career Advisory Programme (CAP)
Career Facilitation Programme (CFP)
Career Supervision Programme (CSP)
4. Absence during Assessment
(1) Participants who were absent on the scheduled date/time for their assessment without valid reason will be required to pay a penalty of $107.00 (with GST) for no-show.
(2) Those who are unable to sit for their assessment must inform the assessor and the Course Administrator in advance. Participants will be given a 15-minute grace period for lateness after which they will be considered as “absent” for their assessment and be required to pay the penalty for no show.
(1) Participants who are assessed as “Not Yet Competent” at the end of their assessment are required to sit for re-assessment. Not more than two (2) re-assessments are allowed for a course.
(2) A request for re-assessment must be made via email to email@example.com. The request should reach the Course Administrator not later than three (3) working days from the date of assessment.
(3) A non-refundable fee of $128.40 (with GST) is payable for such a request. The request for reassessment will be processed upon payment of the full fee. Participants will be informed of the outcome of their request within five (5) working days from the date of request.
6. Course Withdrawal
(1) An enrolled participant may be allowed to withdraw from a course due to valid reason. Only withdrawal due to medical condition and on compassionate grounds will be considered as valid reasons. No refund of course fee will be given for withdrawal without valid reason.
(2) For a company-sponsored applicant, the company may replace the enrolled participant with another participant from the same company who meets the eligibility criteria for the course.
(3) For course withdrawal due to valid reason, course fee refund will be subject to the following:
Written Notice Given Before Course Start Date
Percentage (%) of Refundable Course Fee
More than 14 working days
Between 5 to 10 working days
4 working days of less