- Self-Help Guide for companies in job redesign techniques to help transform their workforce
- Government funding to help companies embark on and sustain job redesign and transformation
- Receive up to 90% salary support while reskilling employees or training new hires.
What is it?
With rising manpower costs and evolving client’s demands, it is increasingly important for Environmental Services (ES) enterprises to transform their businesses in tandem with their workforce so as to remain competitive.
In support of the ES Industry Transformation Map (ITM), the ES Job Redesign Initiative supports ES enterprises from the Cleaning, Waste Management and Pest Management sectors to leverage job redesign to complement and sustain business and workforce transformation efforts.
Who is it for?
ES Job Redesign Initiative is open to all enterprises/ service providers from the Cleaning, Waste Management and Pest Management sectors that want to transform their businesses and make jobs more productive and attractive to their employees/ new hires.
How does it work?
The following resources are available to help ES enterprises embark on their job redesign journeys and sustain their efforts:
i. Job Redesign Self-help Digital Guide
- This is a self-help tool for ES enterprises to adopt four simple steps to implement job redesign within their businesses. It includes comprehensive ready-to-go solutions for common challenges as well as funding information that you can refer to and adopt. Click the relevant link below to kickstart your job redesign journey. The URL to download the digital guide will be provided to you upon completion of the questionnaire.
For Cleaning sector: click here.
For Waste Management sector: click here.
- Curated for the ES industry, this masterclass explores the trends impacting the industry, the role of job redesign for long-term competitiveness and sustainability, and how ES enterprises can develop a job redesign implementation plan using the 4D Job Redesign Framework. Email WSG_Biz_Services@wsg.gov.sg to be informed of upcoming dates.
- The ES JR Consultancy Package aims to help ES enterprises streamline their JR efforts by focusing on key priorities:
- Redesign jobs due to operations transformation/ digitalisation
- Increase job value and attractiveness through job enrichment or enlargement
- Update job profile and align human capital practices to the redesigned job role(s)
Click here for the factsheet and FAQ.
- ES enterprises can also tap on the CCP for ES Specialists to reskill their supervisory-level employees or train new hires (mid-career switchers) to take on the enhanced role of ES Specialist. Participating companies will receive up to 90% salary and 70% course fee funding support for up to three months. Click here to find out more.