A Singapore Government Agency Website
How to identify
Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg websites (e.g. go.gov.sg/open).Trusted websites
Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
There are two pathways to attain the Career Facilitation Programme (CFP).
1) Training and Assessment Pathway: Candidates will undergo self-paced e-learning followed by an 8-day classroom-based training. Candidate will attain the qualification if they are assessed competent.
The Career Facilitation Programme (CFP) is a training programme for career practitioners who provide education and career advisory service as a primary role in their work. It aims to equip career practitioners with advanced education and career advisory competencies. The CFP is suitable for career coaches and education and career guidance counsellors or those from career centres and organisations that provide education and career advisory service, and secondary schools and Post-Secondary Education Institutions.
The training programme is designed to be self-paced supported by virtual contact hours where you can interact with both the facilitator and other participants and be involved in skill practices and discussions.
2) Assessment-Only Pathway (AOP): The AOP recognises an individual’s knowledge and skills acquired through prior learning and work experience. It provides an option for individuals to attain the WSG CFP certification directly by assessment without undergoing training. Candidate will attain the qualification if they are assessed competent.
The 12 competencies of the Career Facilitation Programme are:
The CFP equip career practitioners with advanced education and career advisory competencies. It targets career coaches and education and career guidance counsellors or those from career centres and organisations that provide education and career advisory service, and secondary schools and Post-Secondary Education Institutions.
The CFP includes new research and developments in the field, and will give equal emphasis on career advisory for students and adults. It also incorporates a new code of ethics developed locally.
There are 3 modules based on the competencies. Participants of the CFP will acquire the following competencies:
Evolution of Career Development and the Role of Career Practitioner
This module covers the role of a career practitioners and the code of ethics and standards that will guide their professional practice. It will also equip career practitioners with better understanding of how to apply career development theories and instruments to facilitate clients make education, career and training choices in the evolving employment landscape
Group Facilitation Skills and Practice for Career Practitioners
This module will equip career practitioners with a range strategies to help them facilitate education and career advisory sessions. It will provide an overview of the facilitation process, varied delivery modes and how to overcome the challenges of group facilitation.
Develop Career Development Resources and Programmes to Meet Diverse Needs
This module will equip career practitioners with essential skills and knowledge to develop career development resources, programmes and initiatives that will help clients in their education and career exploration and choices. It will also discuss the varied needs of diverse groups, and how career practitioners can customise their advisory services to meet their needs. In addition, the module will also help career practitioners develop marketing strategies that will help them promote their programmes and initiatives to reach out to diverse client groups.
Certification & Credential
Participants who met all the training and assessment requirements will be awarded the WSG Career Facilitation Programme Certificate of Completion.
The Career Facilitation Programme is part of the WSG Career Development Framework (WSG CDF) for Career Practitioners. Participants who met the requirements for the WSG Certified Career Practitioner (CCP) may apply for the credential. Please click here for more information.
IHRP Accredited Course
WSG Career Facilitation Programme (CFP) has been accredited by the Institute for Human Resource Professionals (IHRP).
IHRP Certified Professionals will be able to log 89.5 CPD hours after completing the course.
More information of the IHRP Certification may be found here: https://ihrp.sg
Who can Apply?
Applicants for the CFP must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1) Applicants must currently be providing career coaching and/or career advisory as their primary job role in their company/organisation. They must be conducting career development facilitation in organisations serving workers and/or groups with special needs, providing career advisory services to students for career centres at educational institutions or working in organisations managing career services and online portals.
2) Effective verbal and written communication skills in the use of the English Language.
An application must be accompanied by the following supporting document:
(a) For employer/company-sponsored applicant
- The completed Company Sponsorship Form endorsed by the employer/sponsoring company.
(b) For self-sponsored applicant
- A letter from an authorised person using the host company's/organisation’s official letterhead confirming that the applicant is currently providing career advisory/coaching services either on a pro-bono or paid basis to the company’s/organisation’s employees or clients.
- As the CFP is an outcome-based programme funded by SSG, this letter is to confirm that participants attending the course will be able to apply and optimise the knowledge and skills acquired by offering their career advisory/coaching services in the host company/organisation.
Venue and Time:
In view of the COVID-19 situation, the Career Facilitation Programme (CFP) will be conducted virtually.
22 e-learning modules
*conducted one week after the training
What is it?
AOP recognises an individual’s knowledge and skills acquired through prior learning and work experience.
It provides an option for individuals to attain the WSG CFP certification directly through assessments without undergoing training. Candidates will attain the qualification if they are assessed as competent.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1a) Be employed in a job that provides education/training and career/job search advisory for at least 1 years OR
1b) Be recommended for AOP by his immediate supervisor/employer
2) The candidate must complete the Assessment Readiness Self-Evaluation Checklist for the respective modules, and possess at least 60% of the competencies listed under the assessment criteria for each module
- A letter from an authorized person using the host company's/organisation’s official letterhead confirming that the applicant is currently providing career advisory/coaching services either on a pro-bono or paid basis to the company’s/organisation’s employees or clients.
What are the Components?
It includes the following online assessment process:
1) Written assessment comprising short essay questions
2) Demonstration of required competencies for:
3) Interview session with assessor
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the CFP/CFP AOP by following the steps below:
18 Jul - 14 Sep 2022
25 Jul - 20 Sep 2022
Please click here to view the detailed programme schedule.
Assessment-only Pathway (AOP)
Assessment Dates (one of the days, 1.5 hour)
Application Close Date
28 Nov 2022
12 Dec or 13 Dec 2022
For Singaporeans & PRs: $1,641.60*
For Singaporeans age 40 & above: $1,065.60*
For Foreigners: $6,163.20
* Usual fee: $3,081.60 before SSG Funding
All prices are inclusive of GST
Course fee is eligible for SkillsFuture Credits
For the types of other funding available, please visit the following websites:
a) Self-Sponsored Individuals: www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/individuals.html
b) Company Sponsored: www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/employers.html
For Singaporeans and PRs: $941.60
For Foreigners: $1,883.20
(All prices is inclusive of GST)
For further enquiries, please contact WSG at http://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback or call us at 6883-5885.
Terms and Conditions for Course Enrolment
1. Course Enrolment
(1) Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfil all requirements for course registration to be accepted into the course. Workforce Singapore (WSG)'s decision on the outcome of a course registration is final.
(2) All information provided in the registration form must be true and correct, and applicants must not deliberately omit and/or misrepresent any material information or fact. Any false information or misleading declaration shall render them liable for disqualification from the course without refund of course fee paid.
(3) Those who are accepted for the course will receive a notification email, informing them of the course fee payable and instructions on course fee payment. Course fee payment must be made before course commencement.
(4) Self-sponsored applicants will only be enrolled into the course upon full payment of course fee. For company-sponsored applicants, e-invoices will be sent to their companies for course fee payment.
2. Course Fee Funding
(1) Enrolled participants who meet the following criteria will be eligible for course fee funding:
(b) Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR);
(c) Meet at least 75% attendance for all modes of training for the course; and
(d) Assessed as “competent” for each module or end-of-course assessment.
(2) Those who are granted funding upon enrolment but are unable to meet the above requirements will have their course fee funding withdrawn. They will be required to pay the shortfall in course fee (i.e. the funded amount) to the Workforce Singapore Agency.
3. Course/Assessment Deferment
(1) Participants who failed to meet the attendance and assignment requirements for the course will not be allowed to sit for assessment.
(2) They are required to put up a request for course and/or assessment deferment in writing using the prescribed Deferment Form obtainable from the course administrator at email@example.com. The request must be received by the course administrator at least five (5) working days from the course/module start date or the assessment start date.
(3) The following non-refundable fee is payable for each deferment request. Such a request will be processed upon payment of the full fee.
Course/Assessment Deferment Fee
Career Advisory Programme (CAP)
Career Facilitation Programme (CFP)
Career Supervision Programme (CSP)
4. Absence during Assessment
(1) Participants who are unable to sit for their assessment must inform the assessor and the Course Administrator in advance. Participants will be given a 15-minute grace period for lateness after which they will be considered as “absent” for their assessment.
(1) Participants who did not sit for their assessment or those assessed as “Not Yet Competent” at the end of their assessment are required to sit for re-assessment. Not more than two (2) re-assessments are allowed for a course.
(2) A request for re-assessment must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request should reach the Course Administrator not later than three (3) working days from the date of their scheduled assessment.
(3) The following non-refundable Reassessment Fee is payable for such a request.
The request for reassessment will be processed upon payment of the full fee. Participants will be informed of the outcome of their request within five (5) working days from the date of request.
6. Course Withdrawal
(1) An enrolled participant may be allowed to withdraw from a course due to valid reason. Only withdrawal due to medical condition and on compassionate grounds will be considered as valid reasons. No refund of course fee will be given for withdrawal without valid reason.
(2) For a company-sponsored applicant, the company may replace the enrolled participant with another participant from the same company who meets the eligibility criteria for the course.
(3) For course withdrawal due to valid reason, course fee refund will be subject to the following:
Written Notice Given Before Course Start Date
Percentage (%) of Refundable Course Fee
More than 14 working days
Between 7 to 14 working days
6 working days or less