There are two pathways to attain the Career Facilitation Programme (CFP).
1) Training and Assessment Pathway: Candidates will undergo self-paced e-learning followed by an 8-day classroom-based training. Candidate will attain the qualification if they are assessed competent.
The Career Facilitation Programme (CFP) is a training programme for career practitioners who provide education and career advisory service as a primary role in their work. It aims to equip career practitioners with advanced education and career advisory competencies. The CFP is suitable for career coaches and education and career guidance counsellors or those from career centres and organisations that provide education and career advisory service, and secondary schools and Post-Secondary Education Institutions.
The training programme is designed to be self-paced supported by virtual contact hours where you can interact with both the facilitator and other participants and be involved in skill practices and discussions.
2) Assessment-Only Pathway (AOP): The AOP recognises an individual’s knowledge and skills acquired through prior learning and work experience. It provides an option for individuals to attain the WSG CFP certification directly by assessment without undergoing training. Candidate will attain the qualification if they are assessed competent.
The 12 competencies of the Career Facilitation Programme are:
The CFP equip career practitioners with advanced education and career advisory competencies. It targets career coaches and education and career guidance counsellors or those from career centres and organisations that provide education and career advisory service, and secondary schools and Post-Secondary Education Institutions.
The CFP includes new research and developments in the field, and will give equal emphasis on career advisory for students and adults. It also incorporates a new code of ethics developed locally.
There are 3 modules based on the competencies. Participants of the CFP will acquire the following competencies:
Evolution of Career Development and the Role of Career Practitioner
This module covers the role of a career practitioners and the code of ethics and standards that will guide their professional practice. It will also equip career practitioners with better understanding of how to apply career development theories and instruments to facilitate clients make education, career and training choices in the evolving employment landscape
Group Facilitation Skills and Practice for Career Practitioners
This module will equip career practitioners with a range strategies to help them facilitate education and career advisory sessions. It will provide an overview of the facilitation process, varied delivery modes and how to overcome the challenges of group facilitation.
Develop Career Development Resources and Programmes to Meet Diverse Needs
This module will equip career practitioners with essential skills and knowledge to develop career development resources, programmes and initiatives that will help clients in their education and career exploration and choices. It will also discuss the varied needs of diverse groups, and how career practitioners can customise their advisory services to meet their needs. In addition, the module will also help career practitioners develop marketing strategies that will help them promote their programmes and initiatives to reach out to diverse client groups.
Certification & Credential
Participants who met all the training and assessment requirements will be awarded the WSG Career Facilitation Programme Certificate of Completion.
The Career Facilitation Programme is part of the WSG Career Development Framework (WSG CDF) for Career Practitioners. Participants who met the requirements for the WSG Certified Career Practitioner (CCP) may apply for the credential. Please click here for more information.
Who can Apply?
Applicants for the CFP must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1) Applicants must currently be providing career coaching and/or career advisory as their primary job role in their company/organisation. They must be conducting career development facilitation in organisations serving workers and/or groups with special needs, providing career advisory services to students for career centres at educational institutions or working in organisations managing career services and online portals.
2) Effective verbal and written communication skills in the use of the English Language.
An application must be accompanied by the following supporting document:
(a) For employer/company-sponsored applicant
- A letter from an authorized person using the employer's/company’s official letterhead confirming sponsorship of the applicant to attend the course.
- The letter of sponsorship should indicate the designation and roles/duties of the applicant in providing career advisory/coaching in the company.
(b) For self-sponsored applicant
- A letter from an authorized person using the host company's/organisation’s official letterhead confirming that the applicant is currently providing career advisory/coaching services either on a pro-bono or paid basis to the company’s/organisation’s employees or clients.
Venue and Time:
In view of the COVID-19 situation, the Career Facilitation Programme (CFP) will be conducted virtually.
What is it?
AOP recognises an individual’s knowledge and skills acquired through prior learning and work experience.
It provides an option for individuals to attain the WSG CFP certification directly through assessments without undergoing training. Candidates will attain the qualification if they are assessed as competent.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1a) Be employed in a job that provides education/training and career/job search advisory for at least 1 years OR
1b) Be recommended for AOP by his immediate supervisor/employer
2) The candidate must complete the Assessment Readiness Self-Evaluation Checklist for the respective modules, and possess at least 60% of the competencies listed under the assessment criteria for each module
What are the Components?
It includes the following online assessment process:
1) Written assessment comprising short essay questions
2) Demonstration of required competencies for:
3) Interview session with assessor
Applicants (Training Pathway only) who meet the criteria can apply for the CFP following these 5 steps:
For AOP applicants, please submit your registration online at https://go.gov.sg/cdfcourseapply
AOP applicants must complete the Assessment Readiness Self-Evaluation Checklist for the respective modules, and possess at least 60% of the competencies listed under the assessment criteria for each module and attached it in the application form.
Applicants must submit their application by the closing date. An acknowledgement email will be sent to all applicants upon receipt of course applications.
Career Practitioners Division (CPD) will email course applicants 3 weeks before course commencement to inform whether course is confirmed or postponed/cancelled.
Please click here to view the detailed programme schedule.
Assessment-only Pathway (AOP)
Application Closing Date
Assessment Date 1
Assessment Date 2
AOP CFP #9
30 Jun 2021
19 Aug 2021
For Singaporeans & PRs: $1,739.10*
For Singaporeans age 40 & above: $489.60*
For Foreigners: $6,163.20
* Usual fee: $3,081.60 before WSG Subsidy
All prices are inclusive of GST
Course fee is eligible for SkillsFuture Credits
Course fee funding is only eligible for participants who meet the following criteria:
(a) Is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR);
(b) Meet at least 75% attendance for each module and for the whole course; and
(c) Assessed as "Competent" for every end of module assessment and for the whole course.
Participants who are granted funding upon course enrolment but are unable to meet (b) and (c) above will have their funding withdrawn. They will be required to pay the shortfall in course fee (i.e. the funded amount) to Workforce Singapore Agency.
For the types of other funding available, please visit the following websites:
a) Self-Sponsored Individuals: www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/individuals.html
b) Company Sponsored: www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/employers.html
For Singaporeans and PRs: $941.60
For Foreigners: $1,883.20
(All prices is inclusive of GST)
For further enquiries, please contact WSG at http://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback or call us at 6883-5885.